Roots & Alliums > Roots > Blauer Winter Radish
- Called Blauer Winter Radish, a German Beirhall Heirloom variety
- Mild radish with bright violet skin and white flesh; delightful crunch and peppery flavors
- Stores very well in fridge when tops are removed
- Elongated, conical roots average 3” wide and 6-8” long
- Great for kimchi, raw, cooked, or pickled
- Uncommon in the US but a favorite winter staple in Germany
- Seed collected by The Seed Ambassadors Project from the Swiss biodynamic seed company, Sativa Rheinau. Aka, Hild’s Blauer Herbst und Winter.