In the Kitchen: 'Sunny Caesar and Microgreen Salad'
This recipe is one of our all time favorites. In fact, I always double this recipe because it's so good and actually has me craving salads. Yes, craving salads! It's a salad dressing that is much like a caesar, with the garlic and capers bringing out the spice and aromas, and the sunflower seeds bringing the earthy nutty flavors.
We eat a lot of microgreens! This dressing is perfect for a microgreen salad featuring a base of Power Shoots (there's that sunflower again!) and sprinkled with amaranth and broccoli micros. De-lish!
SUNNY CAESAR DRESSING
MAKES 3/4 CUP
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon or whole-grain mustard
- 1 tsp capers
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3-4 Tbsp water, to thin
1. Blend all ingredients except the water in a food processor or with an immersion blender until creamy and smooth.
2. If you want the dressing a little thinner, gradually add water until the dressing reaches the consistency you like.
3. Keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 1 MINUTE
- 1 5oz bag Vibrant Farm Power Shoots
- pinch of Amaranth Microgreens
- pinch of Broccoli Microgreens
1. Coarsely chop Power Shoots and plate up
2. Add a dollop of Sunny Caesar
3. Sprinkle Amaranth and Broccoli micros to your preference
Sunny Caesar Dressing adapted from Farmer Meghan's favorite cookbook: The Living Kitchen